Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Father and Son Campout






About two weeks before I was due with our baby girl was the annual Father and son campout. Travis was planning on taking Landon and Dayton but as he was packing and loading the car little Reece went and got his backpack and started packing his stuff into it. He walks out of his room and says "I all ready to go". Of course he was the cutest thing ever so Travis was good enough to take him along. I was left at home alone 9 months pregnant, I almost didn't know what to do with myself. This is the first night I had been without Reece since he was born, over two years. I was a little sad. I went to subway and then went and browsed a few shops but eventually ended up on my couch and I watched 27 dresses (I think that is what it is called). Travis and the boys had fun roasting marshmellows and hot dogs, and the usual campout stuff. Travis was a little stressed because some dads were not very vigilant about watching their kids and several almost fell down into this huge hole. The next morning the boys had fun riding four wheelers and hiking and throwing rocks at an old abandoned car that was at the bottom of the pit?? Okay, nice campsite! Overall I think the boys had a blast and Travis was glad they all lived.




My kids look exactly how I do when I go camping! I guess that is why I prefer the Hilton. A face only a mother could love! I sure missed them.



No comments: