It's been Six months since we moved from Colorado to Phoenix so I thought I would jot down some thoughts and maybe check back again in six months to see if anything has changed.
* It doesn't seem "real" that we are living here yet, it seems like a long trip.
* I miss my church in Erie. Our church here has a lot of nice people but I feel somewhat of a disconnect still. Today the ward was split and I'm hoping this will help to have a smaller ward. We live next to HUGE churches with congregations of over 30,000 people. How the heck would their leader meet their needs? It seems nuts to me.
* Landon and Dayton were more of the "bigger fish in smaller pond in Colorado whereas now they are the smaller fish in a big pond" They are fitting in well and have made some friends but still need more. Reece has thrived in the preschool here and has a best buddy next door.
* Football here is nuts compared to Colorado and I thought Colorado football was nuts. We LOVE it here though. Actually there are tons more sports programs and lots of options to choose from. Most things also go year round.
* I've become more of a recluse here. It's been 6 months and haven't had one party yet? WHAT! I keep telling myself to have people over but then I don't.
* Love the Elementary school here. Good programs but keeps the kids super busy. Landon is in the Gifted and Talented program here like he was in Colorado but is finding it more challenging here. The teacher hands out a lot more homework and I think expects a lot more. Dayton especially is thriving a lot more here than in Erie and has an excellent teacher this year-YAY!
* Preschool is more expensive, along with speeding tickets, car insurance and ELECTRICITY!
*I love having more stores, entertainment, church, and school close by. BUT I need to stop eating out so much cause I'm getting fat :) It is too convenient.
* Monsoon's are awesome and apparently it's been a mild season.
*It's hot in the summer (duh) but it's bearable. Everyone just goes out of town in the summer. I can do that.
* I loved my Colorado house more but I love my Phoenix backyard more.
* Travis travels a little less here but still quite a bit. At least he gets paid more :)
*As my kids get a little older I find myself wondering about what I want to be when I grow up. I don't think I'll be satisfied being at home by myself when they are in school all day. I'm starting to look at different options.
*Starting a running blog has been fun to connect with others who share that interest and to read about their triumphs and challenges.
* My kids will have a lot of opportunities here. Excellent schools, excellent music teachers, excellent extra curricular activities and a lot of kids and families around that share our values.
* We will live less than 5 miles from a new Temple! Our church building is next door. Huge blessing.
* I miss my friends in Erie and Parker a lot. I had a lot of friends, especially in Erie, who shared my same passions and I haven't found those here yet---but I will!
After moving as much as I have I know things just take time but I'm not very patient. I know I have to put myself out there and make it happen but sometimes wouldn't it be nice if it just showed up on my doorstep?
Not such a huge exciting post. More for my benefit than anyone else's, but thanks for following along.