Monday, March 16, 2009

Mom

My mom has had her second treatment of chemo and is officially more bald than my dad. It is really hard to be away from her. I know there isn't anything I can do but it feels as if I'm leading a double life. I'm all the way in Colorado going about my day to day stuff and she is over in Utah getting chemo, being sick and fighting off the stupid cancer. I have guilt that I'm not there although I don't know how I could be. I think many of us feel guilt or struggle with things we can't change. Two more treatments to go. I love you mom.

5 comments:

TJ said...

mom's good. I don't feel like I am there enough either, but I do what I can and she is really pretty strong and is a fighter!

Hollie said...

A, I'm sorry you are feeling so helpless! You are so great, and your mom knows you love her, that is what will keep her fighting! Love you!

Melinda said...

I know A, I hate being away also. It is hard. And it sucks.

The Buckingham Family said...

I personally know how you may be feeling. I remember helping my mom comb out her hair when it fell out. I was 9 and didn't get what was really happening....NOT a fun memory now. : (
They have come so far now with cancer...you are in my thoughts!!
I am sorry you can't be closer but she knows you are thinking of her as she goes through this and I am sure that means SO much to her!
~Nat

Unknown said...

Great Article. Thanks for the info. Does anyone know where I can find a blank AU Form 1022 to fill out?