Saturday, March 28, 2009

Through rain, snow and sleet?? USPS at it's finest.

My mom had sent Landon a birthday package through the post office about three weeks ago. She taped a card with cash (the best kind of present) to the outside of a manila envelope and in the envelope she had sent a book for me. We were wondering what had happened to the package because it shouldn't take three weeks to go from Utah to Colorado. Anyway, I finally got the package and it had all kinds of stamps on it from the postal service. So I get it and call my mom to let her know we got it and I open up the package and there is suppose to be the book "Hawaii for Dummies" (since we are planning a trip to Hawaii in June) but instead there is some random book called "the curious incident of the dog in the night-time" ?? So with my mom on the phone I ask--"Did you send the wrong book?" She has never heard of the book about the dog. It is the envelope that she used because it has my return address on it (she had re-used an envelope from something I had sent her and didn't bother changing the return address). I just think this is really weird. The birthday card to Landon was still there with the money but somehow the book she sent was taken out and the dog book was put in the envelope. Weird, weird. So I went to our local post office and told them the story and they had no clue how that could happen.... so I can fill out a form 3760 (for lost mail) and they will forward that to the Atlanta Mail Recovery Unit where all the lost mail goes and see if they can find the book. RIGHT--I'll get right on that.

5 comments:

Hollie said...

That is crazy! You know my dad put 30 years of service to the USPS, but since he's been retired it has all gone downhill. He really kept that entire operation in check. :) Yeah right!

TJ said...

That is awesome ;)

Rusty and Tara said...

That is really really random! But, on a side note--"the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime" is actually a pretty good book, so enjoy it!

Angela said...

I was suppose to read that book for a book club and I never did so I may borrow it sometime! It is also on the BBC list of 100 books that most people will only read six of.

Melinda said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!! Sometimes the USPS sucks. I am missing still missing U2 concert tickets, some turquoise beads, and about 4 mail perscriptions. Go figure. But seriously, this caused me to actually LOL.